College Scholar Award
847 College Ave.
Wooster, OH 44691
The College Scholar Award recognizes exceptional academic and extracurricular achievement among the 6,000 applications Wooster receives annually. The Scholarship Committee awards the highest academically qualified students, those who typically fall in the top 5% of the applicant pool. We recommend that students applying for this award rank in the top 15% of their high school class. The Committee considers a student’s overall academic achievement, extracurricular involvement, leadership and personal merit, along with short-answer responses from the online application.
College Scholar Award winners receive up to $38,000 annually; this new award amount replaces the Dean’s Scholarship. Prospective first-year students interested in both the Clarence Beecher Allen Scholarship and College Scholar Award should be aware that they can only be awarded one of these competition based awards.
In addition to the application for admission and the online scholarship application, candidates must complete an interview with an admissions or alumni representative. We currently offer in-person interviews, as part of your campus visit, and virtual interviews. Please note that any interview that occurred prior to your application fulfills the College Scholar Award requirement; no additional interview is needed.
To apply for the College Scholar Award, please follow these instructions:
- Complete the general application for admission by November 15, 2020.
- Complete the College Scholar Application Form by November 15, 2020.
- Schedule an interview (on-campus or virtual) with an admissions or alumni representative by November 15, 2020.
- Special note: any interview that occurred prior to your application fulfills the College Scholar Award requirement; no additional interview is needed.
Recipients will be notified by December 31, 2020.
* For applicants who are not able to complete the steps above by the November 15 deadline, there will be a second deadline available until January 1, 2021. Please complete all steps above by January 1, 2021 for consideration in the second round of College Scholar Award applications. Notification of the second round will occur by April 1, 2021.
The Admissions & Scholarship Committees will consider your short-answer response, overall academic achievement, extracurricular involvement, leadership, and personal merit. Scholarship designations will be made by a combination of these evaluations.
Reminder: Please note that the College Scholar Award is only available to U.S. citizens. Read more about international student scholarship information.
Questions & Concerns
Please contact the Admissions Office at 330-263-2322.