Scottish Arts Scholarship
The Scottish Arts Scholarship is awarded to first-year students (transfers are not eligible) on the basis of music performance skills demonstrated at the audition. Winners are not required to major or minor in music at Wooster.
To apply for the Scottish Arts Scholarship, please follow these instructions:
The deadline to apply for the Scottish Arts Scholarship has passed.
Applicants who completed the Scottish Arts Scholarship by the deadline must attend an audition weekend held on-campus in Scheide Music Center. (Scottish Arts Scholarship Auditions will be held November 30-December 1, 2018; January 18-19, 2019; and February 8-9, 2019).
Recipients will be notified by April 1.
*Applicants who completed all necessary steps by the initial November 5 deadline, and attended the November 30-December 1 audition weekend will receive notification by December 31.
Please be prepared to play selections from the following, as chosen by the panel of judges:
- 2/4 March Strathspey and Reel
- 4/4 March Hornpipe and Jig
- Slow March Piobaireachd (optional)
Please be prepared to perform two of the following, as chosen by the panel of judges:
- Sword Dance
- Seann Triubhas
- Strathspey & Reel (optional)
Please be prepared to perform the following:
- Scottish Style Drum Rudiments (chosen by judges)
- Drum Setting for Traditional Tunes
- A Drum Solo (optional)
Expectations of Recipients
Beginning with the first semester of the first year and continuing for as long as the scholarship is held, recipients must:
- Enroll in and successfully complete private lessons on the instrument in which the Scottish Arts Scholarship was won.
- Participate in the Scot Marching and Symphonic Bands.
Questions & Concerns
Please contact Donna Reed, Administrative Coordinator, at 330-263-2419.