Amyaz A. Moledina
Associate Professor of Economics and Co-Founder of Social Entrepreneurship Program - Department Chair
Department/Affiliation: Economics & Business Economics, Global and International Studies
Office Address: Morgan 210, Drop-in Office hours are Monday and Wednesday. 9-noon. Visit my website to schedule an appointment outside of these hours.
- B.A., Macalester College (Mathematics and Economics)
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota (Applied Economics)
- Principles of Economics
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Growth Inequality and Globalization
- Alternative Financial Institutions
- International Trade
- Monetary Economics
- Social Entrepreneurship Internship
- Global Social Entrepreneurship
- Black Markets and the Underground Economy
- Samuel Susanin '13 Asymmetric Information, Adverse Selection, & Contract Adjustment in the Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities (Cmbs) Market.
- Lauren Grimanis '12 Inclusion of Gender in the Management of Water Resources in Rural African Communities
- Laura Valencia '12 Study Abroad, Intercultural Friendships, and Transformation of Self and Society
- Sadaf Asrar '11 Sowing the Seeds to a Higher Consumption: a Study on the Impact of Access to Formal Savings and Credit Mechanisms on the Economic Portfolios of Farming Households
- Tracy A. Duhaney '11 International Trade and Its Impact on C02 Emissions
- Hillary Darragh '09 An environment for innovation: the relationship between intellectual property rights, R&D and innovation.
- Matthew Jones '05 Examining the impact of the East Asian crisis on household savings in Indonesia. Available at The Rand Corporation
Awards and Professional Memberships
- "Paul Harris Fellow", 2012
- "Mentorship Award", International Students Association, Wooster 2006.
- "Nominee: Teacher of the Year", Bates College 2002.
- American Economics Association
- Eastern Economics Association
- INFER Research
Published in Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Eastern Economics Journal, and Water International. View a full list of publications.