Perry-Williams Postdoctoral Fellow - Psychology
Office: Morgan 106
- Ph.D., George Mason University, 2019
- M.A., Webster University, 2001
- B.A., University of Buffalo, 1997
- A.A.S., Interfaith School of Nursing, 1994
- Educational Psychology
- Principles of Learner Motivation (graduate and undergraduate)
- First Year Experience
- Concepts of Leadership
- Introduction to Aerospace Studies
- Berkeley, S., Whitehead, A., Mischel, J., Kurz, L. A., Larsen, A., & Annetta, L. (2020). Student engagement while creating serious educational games in collaborative learning environments: Implications for STEM interest. In Education Series. Gamification and Social Networks in Education. MacroWorld.
- Hiller, S., Whitehead, A., & Kitsantas, A. (2019). Enhancing STEM motivation through citizen science programs: A framework for educators and researchers. In S. Hiller & A. Kitsantas (Eds.), Enhancing STEM motivation through citizen science programs (pp. 3–26). Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science.
- Whitehead, A. (2018). Examining the influence of close social groups on first-year college student STEM major selection. Journal of Mason Graduate Research, 5(2), 1–34. doi:10.13021/G8jmgr.v5i2.1963
- Whitehead, A. (submitted). Hidden figures: Student perception of close social group influence on STEM degree attainment.
- Whitehead, A., & Kitsantas, A. (submitted). It takes a village: The role of family, friends, and teachers on major selection and persistence of undergraduate students pursuing STEM degrees.
- Kitsantas, A., Cleary, T., Whitehead, A., & Cheema, J. (submitted). Teacher classroom context, student motivation, and mathematics achievement: A social cognitive perspective.
- Hiller, S. E., Whitehead, A., & Kitsantas, A. (under review). Citizen science and the achievement gap: Science performance and STEM career motivation for African-American students.
- Close social group influence
- Undergraduate persistence
- STEM education
- Self-regulated learning