Donald M. Goldberg
Professor - Communication [On Leave Fall 2019]
Office: Wishart 203
- A.B., Lafayette College 1977
- M.A., University of Florida 1979
- Ph.D., University of Florida 1985
CCC-SLP/A, FAAA, LSLS Cert. AVT
- IDPT 101: First Year Seminar
- COMM 140: Speech and Hearing Clinic Practicum
- COMM 141: Introduction to Communication Sciences and Disorders
- COMM 144: Audiology Clinic Practicum
- COMM 145: Language Development in Children
- COMM 200: Special Topics in Communication (W) This I Believe; To Sign or Speak: Issues in Deafness
- COMM 242: Advanced Communicative Disorders (Fluency and Voice Disorders)
- COMM 244: Audiology (Fall/yearly)
- COMM 344: Speech and Hearing Sciences
- COMM 345: Advanced seminar in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- COMM 370: Auditory Rehabilitation
- COMM 401: Junior Independent Study
- COMM 451: Senior Independent Study
Dr. Goldberg is co-author, with D. Pollack and N. Caleffe-Schenck, of Educational Audiology for the Limited Hearing Infant and Preschooler: An Auditory-Verbal Program (Charles C. Thomas, 1997), and has published extensively in outlets such as Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, Folia Phoniatrica, Volta Review, and Journal of the Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology.
Goldberg, D.M., & Flexer, C. (2012). What is the history of auditory-verbal practice? (FAQ 2) In W. Estabrooks (Ed.). 101 frequently asked questions in auditory-verbal theory and practice: Listening and spoken language (pp. 6-9). Washington, DC: AG Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing.
Fitzpatrick, E., Rhoades, E., Dornan, D., Thomas, E., & Goldberg, D.M. (2012). What are the evidence-based outcomes of auditory-verbal practice? (FAQ 89) In W. Estabrooks (Ed.). 101 frequently asked questions in auditory-verbal theory and practice: Listening and spoken language (pp. 419-436). Washington, DC: AG Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. [author – Part 5: Outcomes For Children With Cochlear Implants – Cleveland Clinic and FAQ 89/Chapter Editor]
Goldberg, D.M., Flexer, C., & Dickson, C. (2010). AG Bell Academy certification program for Listening and Spoken Language Specialists: Meeting a world-wide need for qualified professionals. The Volta Review, 110(2), 129-143.
Goldberg, D.M., & Flexer, C. (2001). Auditory-verbal graduates: Outcome survey of clinical efficacy. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 12, 406-414.
Goldberg, D.M., & Flexer, C. (1993). Outcome survey of auditory-verbal graduates: Study of clinical efficacy. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 4 (3), 189-200.
Clinical efficacy of listening and spoken language teaching of children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Cochlear Implants, Auditory-Verbal Therapy or Auditory-Verbal Practice / Listening and Spoken Language teaching; Assessment of Communication for Children/Adults who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
Awards and Professional Memberships
- President, Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (2012-2014)
- President, AG Bell Academy of Listening and Spoken Language (2008-2010)
- President, National Association of Preprofessional Programs (NAPP) (2002-2003)
- Member, AG Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Member, American Academy of Audiology
- Member, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Member, Educational Audiology Association