dweber not found in database
- B.A. Macalester College 2007
- M.A., Ph.D. Northwestern University 2011, 2016
- PSCI 130: Introduction to Political Theory
- PSCI 215: Constitutional Law and Appellate Advocacy
- PSCI 231: Modern Western Political Theory
- PSCI 232: Knowledge & Power
- PSCI 239: Political Theory in the International Arena
- PSCI 23909: Language & Politics
Dr. Weber’s expertise includes modern and contemporary political theory, with a particular focus on language, discourse and argumentation in political thinking. Her area of specialization is the influence of Ludwig Wittgenstein and other language philosophers on political understanding and judgment. She teaches a variety of political theory courses and coaches the Moot Court team.
She is currently working on a book about the role of teaching and learning in Wittgenstein’s biography and later work – and the implications for understanding our capacity to make meaning as well as judgments about meaning. In partnership with Badlands Unlimited Press, she is also working to produce a new edition of Wittgenstein's Wörterbuch für Volksschulen [Dictionary for Elementary Schools] which will appear in summer 2020.