Compton Professor - Philosophy, MENA
Office: Scovel 203
- B.A., Newcastle on Tyne (England) 1978
- Ph.D., Balliol College (Oxford, England) 1984
- PHIL 304: Philosophy of Mind and Cognitive Science
- PHIL 251: Rationalism & Empiricism
- Ethical Theory
- Understanding Language
- Thomson is the author of numerous books including Needs; Kant; Introduction to Modern Philosophy; and a series of introductory texts on Descartes, Locke, Aristotle, Kant, and Leibniz.
- He co-edited the six-volume The Longman Standard History of Philosophy.
- Other recent works include Una Introduccion a la Practica de la Filosofia, On Philosophy and On the Meaning of Life.