Department/Affiliation: Earth Sciences
Office Address: 118 Scovel
- B.S., Mount Union College 1991
- M.A.T., Kent State University 1993
- M.S., Ohio State University 1998
- Ph.D., Ohio State University 2007
- GEOL 103: Oceanography
- GEOL 200: Processes & Concepts of Geology
- GEOL 220: Introduction to Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- GEOL 313: Structural Geology
- GEOL 350: Special Topics – Desert Geology (co-taught with all geology faculty)
- GEOL 401, 451, 452: Independent Study
- IDPT 101: First-Year Seminar in Critical Inquiry - Rise of the Himalayas: Hazards on the Roof of the World (FA10)
- IDPT 398: Teaching Apprenticeship
I.S. Projects Supervised
- Andrew Collins (2012): "Origins of sinuous and braided channels on Ascraeus Mons, Mars"
- Jessee Davenport (2011): "Protolith determination of mylonitic rocks adjacent to the Madison Mylonite Zone, Henry’s Lake Mountains, southwestern Montana and Idaho"
- Elizabeth Deering (2011): "The paleoecology of stromatolite facies in the lacustrine Eocene Green River Formation, Sanpete County, central Utah"
- Phil Blecher (2010): "Limnology of the Green River Formation, Sanpete Valley, central Utah"
- William Thomas (2010): "Petrographic and mapping analysis of volcanic tuffs in the Green River Formation cuestas, Sanpete Valley, Utah"
- Margaret Edwards (2009): "An analysis of ice-rafted debris from IODP Expedition 306, Site U1314 to the North Atlantic Ocean: Climate change ~700,000-900,000 years ago"
- Jodi Sprajcar (2009): "Calculating the rate of dextral strike-slip faulting along the Höh Serh Fault, the southwestern boundary of the Höh Serhiyn Nuruu in the Mongolian Altai, western Mongolia"
Awards & Professional Memberships
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG)
- Geological Society of America (GSA)
- National Association of Geoscience Teachers (NAGT)
Dr. Judge joined the Geology faculty in 2008. Her research interests include the tectonic evolution of the Sevier and Laramide orogenies of the western U.S. and superimposed pre-Basin and Range extension, with special emphasis on these geologic events in Utah. She has also participated in several ocean drilling programs (IODP, CRP3, and ANDRILL).