Spring M. M. Knapp
Assistant Professor of Chemistry
- B.A., Chemistry, Grinnell College 2007
- M.S. Chemistry, University of Oregon, 2009
- Ph.D. Inorganic Chemistry, University of Oregon, 2012
- CHEM 111: General Chemistry I
- CHEM 112: General Chemistry II
- CHEM 211L/212L: Organic Chemistry Laboratory
- CHEM 340: Inorganic Chemistry
- CHEM 341: Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- CHEM 401: Introduction to Independent Study in Chemistry
- CHEM 451/452: Senior Independent Study
Awards and Professional Memberships
- American Chemical Society
- NSF Graduate STEM Fellow in K-12 Education, University of Oregon, 2010-2012
- ACS Women Chemists Committee (WCC)/Eli Lilly and Company Travel Award, Fall 2011
- University of Oregon Women in Graduate Sciences Travel Award, 2010
- GAANN Fellow, University of Oregon, 2009
- D. Kim, L. Le, M. Drance, K. Jensen, K. Bogdanovski, T. Cervarich, M. Barnard, N. Pudalov, S.M.M. Knapp, A.R. Chianese; “Ester Hydrogenation Catalyzed by CNN-Pincer Complexes of Ruthenium” Organometallics 2016, 35, 982-989.
- N.J. Beach, S.M.M. Knapp, C.R. Landis; “A reactor for high-throughput high-pressure nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy” Rev. Sci. Ins. 2015, 86, 104101.
- S.M.M. Knapp, S.E. Shaner, D. Kim, D.Y. Shopov, J.A. Tendler, D.M. Pudalov, A.R. Chianese; "Mechanistic Studies of Alkene Isomerization Catalyzed by CCC-Pincer Complexes of Iridium" Organometallics 2014, 33, 473-484.
- S.M.M. Knapp, T.J. Sherbow, T. J. Ahmed, I. Thiel, L.N. Zakharov, J.J. Juliette, D.R. Tyler; "Modification of platinum phosphinito catalysts for nitrile hydration" J. Inorg. Organomet. Polym. Mater. 2014, 24, 145-156.
- S.M.M. Knapp, T.J. Sherbow, R.B. Yelle, J.J. Juliette, D.R. Tyler; “Catalytic nitrile
hydration with [Ru(η6-p-cymene)Cl2(PR2R′)] complexes; secondary coordination sphere effects with phosphine oxide and phosphinite ligands” Organometallics 2013, 32, 3744-3752.
- S.M.M. Knapp, T.J. Sherbow, R.B. Yelle, L.N. Zakharov, J.J. Juliette, D.R. Tyler;
“Mechanistic investigations and secondary coordination sphere effects for the hydration of nitriles with [Ru(η6-arene)Cl2PR3] complexes” Organometallics 2013, 32, 824 – 834.
- S.M.M. Knapp, T.J. Sherbow, J.J. Juliette, D.R. Tyler; “Cyanohydrin Hydration with
[Ru(η6-p-cymene)Cl2PR3] Complexes” Organometallics 2012, 31, 2941-2944.
- T.J. Ahmed, S.M.M. Knapp, D.R. Tyler; “Frontiers in catalytic nitrile hydration: Nitrile and cyanohydrin hydration catalyzed by homogeneous organometallic complexes” Coord. Chem. Rev. 2011, 255, 949-974.
Underlined names indicate undergraduate coauthors
Using inorganic and organometallic catalysts to facilitate transformation of organic substrates, with an emphasis on mechanistic understanding of catalytic reactions.