1189 Beall Ave.
Wooster, OH 44691
It's time to elect officers for the 2020-2021 Academic Year
It’s the time of the year for student organizations to elect officers (also known as cabinet members or executive board members) for the 2020-2021 academic year. Conversations about elections for the next academic year should start in mid-January as all elections must be completed, and names submitted to Lowry Center and Student Activities by Sunday, February 16, 2020 at 11:59 pm EST.
Newly elected leaders are required to submit the list of officers and the advisor for 2020-2021 to the Lowry Center & Student Activities Office through our online form.*
* Please make sure all information is accurate and without typos, especially the Wooster email address. Typos and inaccurate information may result in your organizations missing out on important information related to your student organization.
Again, the deadline to submit your 2020-2021 elected officers is February 16 at 11:59 EST.
Things to Remember/Know….
- The newly elected leaders for 2020-2021 will not be recognized as the official officers of the organization until May 2020. The officers for 2019-2020 are responsible for their roles through the end of the Spring semester.
- The positions of President, Treasurer, and Advisor are required for an organization to remain in good standing as a chartered organization.
- Elections must follow what is written in your charter for 2019-2020 and follow Campus Council guidelines.
- Advisors are not permitted to select the leadership for the organization.
- The role of President and Treasurer cannot be held by the same person.
- New officers must be elected prior to budgets being written for 2020-2021 as they write and submit the budget proposals for 2020-2021.
- If any of the person(s) fulfilling the role of President or Treasurer will not be on campus for the Fall Financial Training, a 2nd person will need to be elected as a “co” in order to attend the required Financial Training. There must be someone in the role of President and Treasurer who has attended the required Financial training. The “co” who has attended the training in the Fall must also then be here in the Spring semester. Those who attend the training are the only ones eligible to sign the required financial paperwork.
- Any changes made to your Officer Information after February 16 should be submitted using the same online form with a follow up email to email@example.com with more information about the change.
Once the 2021 officers are elected, newly elected officers should be working with the 2019-2020 officers and advisor(s) to transition the organization. Topics that should be covered during the time of transitioning include but are not limited to: job responsibilities, status of projects, budget information, history of organization, vision and goals, organization documents like the charter, access to things like email and social media accounts, important dates and information from Lowry Center & Student Activities or Campus Council, etc. Lowry Center & Student Activities will be offering an Officer Training School for newly elected officers on Friday, April 10, 2020 to help our new and returning leaders be setup for success in the Fall.
Any questions about elections or officer transition can be directed to Julia Zimmer at firstname.lastname@example.org or another staff member in Lowry Center & Student Activities.