1189 Beall Ave.
Wooster, OH 44691
The purpose of the College of Wooster’s First-Generation Student Organization is to establish a support system for first-generation college students, low-income students, and any others seeking assistance with the transition to college life. We aim to facilitate the transition to college for first-generation students through mentorship networks and sharing academic and social resources. We will seek to build more opportunities of learning for non-first generation college students, in the belief that it is important for the broader Wooster community to understand the first-generation student experience. By communicating with non-first generation students, the First-Generation Student Organization will strive to dispel any stigma or stereotype associated with the first generation identity.
- To build a strong community among first-generation college students.
- Provide a comfortable location for first-generation students to express thought.
- To provide the first-generation student community a platform to express their voice and to advocate for themselves.
- Encourage students to participate in on-campus events and volunteering opportunities.
- Offer advice and share information crucial to succeeding academically and professionally.
President, Fall 2018: Margie Sosa
President, Spring 2019: Alberto Peralta
Vice-President: Stachal Harris
Secretary: Jonathan Velazquez
Treasurer: Kamal Morgan
Public Relations: Annelisea Brand
Advisor: Hernan Medina