Art History Major/Minor
Art and Art History
Ebert Art Center
1220 Beall Avenue
Wooster, OH 44691
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Twelve courses are required to fulfill the Art History major requirements:
- Introduction to Art History: Prehistory-Medieval OR Introduction to Art History: Renaissance-Present
- One course from the following: The Bronze Age, Greek Archaeology & Art, or Roman Archaeology & Art
- One course from the following: Early Medieval Art or Late Medieval Art
- One course from the following: Italian Renaissance Art, Northern Renaissance Art, or Baroque Art
- One course from the following: American Art, Nineteenth-Century Art, or Modern Art
- One course from the following: African Art, Islamic Art, Global Renaissance, or African-American Art
- Two 200-level electives: Gender in Twentieth-Century Art, Architecture I, Architecture II OR One 300-level elective and one additional 200-level course from any above.
- One elective course in Studio Art
- ARTH 389: Theory & Applications in Art History
- Senior Independent Study (two semesters)
Six courses are required to fulfill the Art History minor requirements:
- Introduction to Art History: Prehistory-Medieval, or Introduction to Art History: Renaissance -Present
- Four 200-level courses, one each in four of the five areas above beginning with "One course"
- One elective 300-level art history course
A more detailed account for major and minor requirements in art history can be found in the course catalog.