Courses Independent Study Successful Graduates Communication Sciences & Disorders Faculty & Staff Campus Involvement Internships and Experimental Learning Honors & Prizes Students and Faculty in the News Freedlander Speech & Hearing Clinic History of the Department
Communication Sciences & Disorders
303 E. University Street
Wooster, OH 44691
National Student Speech Hearing Language Association (NSSHLA)
Membership is open to all students on campus.
- NSSLHA sponsors hearing screenings and an open-house at the Freedlander Speech and Hearing Clinic in the fall semester.
- In the spring semester, NSSLHA sponsors American Sign Language classes for members and the larger campus community.
- In addition, NSSLHA co-sponsors activities with the Communication Club and Lambda Pi Eta.
- Made Valentine's Day cards for the West View Manor retirement home
- Made cookies that include facts about autism to hand out during Autism Awareness Month
- Distributed earplugs to Wooster students at Springfest
- Had a sign language course for the first 20 Wooster students who sign up
- Organized the 2014 Walk for Children: Apraxia of Speech