303 E. University Street
Wooster, OH 44691
NSSLHA is the Wooster chapter of The National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association chapter. NSSLHA is an organization for students interested in learning more about the professions of speech-language pathology and audiology.
Membership is open to all students on campus.
- NSSLHA sponsors hearing screenings and an open house at the Freedlander Speech and Hearing Clinic in the fall semester.
- In the spring semester, NSSLHA sponsors American Sign Language classes for members, and the larger campus community.
- In addition, NSSLHA co-sponsors activities with the Communication Club and Lambda Pi Eta.
- Made Valentine's Day cards for the West View Manor retirement home
- Made cookies that include facts about autism to hand out during Autism Awareness month
- Distributed earplugs to Wooster students at Springfest
- Had a sign language course for the first 20 Wooster students who sign up
- Organized the 2014 Walk for Children: Apraxia of Speech