303 E. University Street
Wooster, OH 44691
What could you do with your Communication Studies degree?
Communication Studies majors learn how to be effective communicators and how to be critical analysts of communication, thereby preparing them for life as enlightened citizens, dedicated advocates, and savvy professionals in a variety of career paths in business, politics, media, education, law, healthcare, religion, and the nonprofit sector.
Where do our alumni end up?
Here are just a few examples of the wide array of positions our alumni have held:
- Chief of Staff to President Obama's Senior White House advisors
- Chief of Staff of an insurance company
- Project Manager at the U.S. Treasury
- Journalist whose coverage focuses on the Cleveland Cavaliers' Lebron James
- Director of a rural health care program in Ghana
- Senior Strategic Planner at an international advertising and marketing firm
- Surgeon in a private practice
- Site Director of a nonprofit
Our young graduates have also worked in the Americorps City Year Program, the Fulbright Scholars Program, and Teach for America.
What kind of post-graduate degrees have our majors earned?
Our Communication Studies graduates have gone on to earn post-graduate degrees such as: Master's degree, Master's of Business Administration, Ph.D., Juris Doctor or law degree, MD or medical degree, and even DVM or Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. Their areas of focus are extensive, including:
Communication Studies: political communication, public relations, communication and leadership, journalism and mass communication, rhetorical studies, and organizational communication.
Many Other Disciplines and Fields: law, education policy and leadership, politics and international relations, management, public health, business administration, global health, nonprofit management, public administration in urban affairs, healthcare research, public administration in economic development, student affairs in higher education, epidemiology, osteopathic medicine, youth ministry, microbiology, social work, sports administration and business administration, early childhood curriculum and instruction, sports management, educational psychology, oral and maxillofacial surgery, public policy, nursing, cybersecurity and information assurance, veterinary medicine, and more.
Where have our alumni earned their post-graduate degrees?
Our students are currently enrolled or have earned degrees at a wide range of schools, such as:
- American University
- Boston University
- Case Western Reserve University
- Dartmouth College Institute in the Dartmouth School of Medicine
- Georgetown University Sports Industry Management Program
- Indiana University School of Law
- Penn State University
- King's College, London, UK
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- LBJ School of Public Policy at the University of Texas
- McCormick Theological Seminary
- New York University
- Ohio University
- Purdue University
- Southern Illinois University's School of Dental Medicine & Cook County Hospital's specialty program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Stanford University School of Law
- University of Akron's nursing school
- University of Amsterdam
- University of Chicago School of Law
- University of Illinois
- University of Maryland
- University of Tennessee's College of Veterinary Medicine
- Wake Forest University