Global and International Studies
400 E. University St.
Wooster, OH 44691
Like all Wooster students, Global and International Studies majors complete Independent Study projects in collaboration with mentors. After completing the quantitative methods course required by the home department and off-campus study, students develop research plans for the Senior Independent Study. Faculty members then supervise these projects, working one-on-one with students to review existing scholarship, identify a new avenue of research, collect and analyze data, and provide fresh perspectives on important questions in international affairs.
The Independent Study experience can be incredibly rewarding and provides valuable skills for a lifelong educational journey. Recent Independent Study titles by our students have included:
• Does Economic Liberalization Lead to Democratization? A Comparative Case Study of South Korea and China
• Femme Fatale? Gendered Messaging Techniques in the War on Terrorism
• One God, One Race, One Tongue: A Study of Racial Inequality in Colombia
• Germany and the Syrian Refugee Crisis: The Complexities of National Identity
• Living Well? Ecuadorean Environmental Policies and the Treatment of Indigenous Communities
Search the I.S. database for additional Global and International Studies I.S. Titles.