Regional Tournament Information
Pre-Law Advising Program
944 College Mall
Wooster, OH 44691
The American Moot Court Association's official Midwest Regional Tournament, takes place at the end of the fall semester at The College of Wooster. This year's virtual tournament will be held on November 20 and 21, 2020, via Zoom.
Virtual regional tournaments act as qualifying tournaments for teams wishing to compete at the AMCA National Tournament in January 2021. The top 16% of teams competing at each regional will receive an automatic invitation to the national tournament. To compete in the national tournament, teams must first compete in an AMCA sanctioned regional tournament.
At the virtual regional tournaments, two-person teams will be required to present oral arguments in three preliminary rounds on Friday afternoon, November 20. Each team will represent both petitioner and respondent. Order of argument and matching teams will be determined randomly. We will break 16 teams into the finals, holding four rounds on Saturday, November 21, in single elimination rounds.
- 2020 Case Problem
- 2020 Tournament Schedule - Teams
- 2020 Tournament Schedule - Judges
- AMCA tournament rules
- Judging Instructions - link to video will be mailed to you
- AMCA judging ballot and scoring guidelines
*Additional resources are available on the AMCA's website.
Friday: Virtual check-in for judges is from 1:30 – 1:45 p.m. The judges' orientation meeting will be held from 1:45 – 2:20 p.m. Satrurday: Check-in begins at 10:00 a.m. with orientation beginning at 10:15 a.m. for the morning rounds and at 2:00 p.m. for the afternoon rounds.
Friday: Virtual check-in for teams is from 1:05 – 1:45 p.m. The virtual team orientation meeting will be held from 1:45 – 2:20 p.m. Saturday: Check-in begins at 10:00 a.m. with orientation beginning at 10:15 a.m.
Registration Information for Competitors
Registration details may be found on the AMCA website.
The 2021 AMCA National Tournament will be held virtually by the AMCA on Friday, January 22 and Saturday, January 23, 2021.
2020 - 2021 AMCA Midwest Regional Tournament Results
- First Place Team 104: Georgina Tierney and Kelton Munch, Hybrid: College of Wooster/Long Beach
- Second Place Team 102: Oria Daugherty and Heather Hartmann, The College of Wooster
- Semifinalist Team 112: Moira Casey and Noah Jenson, US Air Force Academy
- Semifinalist Team 118: Lydia McVeigh and Richa Gupta, University of Virginia
- Team 117: Bela Bhatnagar and Lior Ben-David, University of Virginia
- Team 113: Sam Ratcliffe and Stephen Saw, University of California, Berkeley
- Team 109: Isabella Grundseth and Rishabh Shastry, University of Chicago
- Seam 124: Max Chayet and Clarissa Dominguez, Williams College
Individual Orator Awards
|First Place||Oria Daugherty||College of Wooster|
|Second Place||Georgina Tierney||Hybrid: College of Wooster/Long Beach|
|Third Place||Kelton Munch||Hybrid: College of Wooster/Long Beach|
|Fourth Place||Pragya Mittal||College of Wooster|
|Fifth Place||Rishabh Shashtry||University of Chicago|
|Sixth Place||Moira Casey||US Air Force Academy|
|Seventh Place||Taliah Blom||Michigan State University|
|Eighth Place||Max Chayet||Williams College|
|Ninth Place||Isabella Grundseth||University of Chicago|
|Tenth Place||Richa Gupta||University of Virginia|