Fall 2020 Guide
Preparing for a Safe Fall 2020
Wooster is preparing for students, faculty, and staff to return to campus in person this fall in a safe and healthy environment.
Wooster will operate on a modified academic calendar for fall semester. Classes will start Wednesday, August 19, as originally planned, but will conclude Tuesday, November 24 just prior to Thanksgiving. All final papers and assessments will be designed so they can be done from home. There will be no October break.
Students who have special needs to stay on campus through Thanksgiving and beyond will be able to do so. We understand this may apply to many international students, as well as some students from the United States.
Detailed move-in plans will be sent to students in early July.
Help Us Prepare
We understand that some students will need to study remotely this fall and that intentions may change as the current public health guidance changes. To help with our planning, students should complete this brief form no later than July 6 to indicate your intentions as well as any technology needs you may have.
- CDC Coronavirus Disease Information and Updates
- Information from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC travel health notices, including a map with Levels 1, 2 & 3 Travel Advisories
- Ohio Department of Health Coronavirus Updates
- The Wayne County Health Department, in partnership with the Wayne County Emergency Management Agency, has established a Joint Information Center for individuals to receive accurate and local information. Live and local operators are available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday at 330-263-6363. In the event that you receive a busy signal, please leave a message and you will receive a call back.
- The World Health Organization (WHO)
- Johns Hopkins Center for Health and Security COVID-19 Resources
- State Department Resources for Travelers
- CDC Stigma and Anxiety relating to COVID-19 Resources
Questions? Contact Us
For questions, please call 330-263-2000 or email Woosterfirstname.lastname@example.org