International Students & Global Nomads
International Student Orientation is mandatory for international students, exchange students, and global nomads. There are 2 parts to this orientation, both of which are required:
- Moodle Online Pre-Orientation
- On-campus Orientation
Schedules will be available within the next few months.
- July 29-August 15, 2019 – English Engagement Seminar (EES)
- August 16, 2019 – Plan to arrive by 2:00pm on this date for ARCH registration. International Student Services will offer shuttles from the Cleveland Hopkins Airport and the Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel at 8:30am and from the Cleveland Hopkins Airport at 12:30pm on August 16th.
- August 16-17, 2019 – ARCH (Academic Registration and Creative Horizons)
- August 18, 2019 – International Student Orientation
- August 18-20, 2019 – New Student Orientation (for ALL new students)
- August 21, 2019 – Fall semester classes begin
Your family is invited to attend portions of both International Student Orientation and New Student Orientation. Family schedules will also be available within the next few months.
Before you arrive in the U.S., be sure to complete the following steps in addition to your housing application, ARCH Registration, and placement exams:
1. If you are entering the U.S. on a visa, send a scanned copy of the following documents to this email. The subject line must include your name.
- Photo page of your passport
- Current U.S. visa
- Your signed I-20
2. Submit the Travel Information Form to let us know how and when you are arriving to the U.S. and to campus whether or not you require the College shuttle.
Students will NOT be allowed to stay on campus before Friday, Aug. 16. If you need to stay in Cleveland before coming to campus, the College has reserved a bank of rooms at the Sheraton Airpot Hotel. Reservation information is available here. Please complete this underage form (.pdf) required when making a reservation.
*If you are traveling through Canada, you will need to apply for a transit visa. This applies to you even if you do not plan to leave the airport in Canada
3. Complete the Moodle Online Pre-Orientation. You will need your Wooster email and password to log in.
Safe travels! We are looking forward to meeting you!