To Do List: August
- Water, deep water helps develop deep root systems in both plants and turf
- Landscape bed maintenance
- Weed control
- Pruning, it is time to finish up the spring flowering plants, to ensure ample time for the buds to develop.
- “Dead head” both annual and perennial flowers
- Apply a well-balanced fertilizer to turf
The mission of the campus grounds is to provide a safe and pleasant outdoor environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors through the maintenance of the campus grounds.
Grounds Crew is Honored with Prestigious PGMS Accreditation
The College of Wooster has received a Landscape Management and Operations Accreditation as awarded by the Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS), it was announced by Walt Bonvell, a Certified Grounds Manager (CGM), past president of PGMS and senior grounds lead of Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio. Read more (.pdf).