To Do List: June
- Begin to prune flowering shrubs. (note: prune after the shrub has flowered)
- Water new and established plants as needed.
- If weather conditions are favorable (not too hot) apply a well balanced fertilizer to your turf.
- Apply a water soluble fertilizer to annual flowers.
- As the weather become warmer, raise the mowing height on your mower.
- Tree pruning can be done at this time.
The Grounds Department focuses on sustainability, community, and teamwork to provide a safe and beautiful environment for all to enjoy.
Grounds Crew is Honored with Prestigious PGMS Accreditation
The College of Wooster has received a Landscape Management and Operations Accreditation as awarded by the Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS), it was announced by Walt Bonvell, a Certified Grounds Manager (CGM), past president of PGMS and senior grounds lead of Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio. Read more (.pdf).