To Do List: December - February
- Snow and Ice Control
- When working outside in cold weather remember the following:
- Dress in layers
- Protect head, feet, hands and face from cold
- Proper foot wear…insulated & waterproof
- Be aware of the wind chill
- When shoveling snow or lifting salt, let your legs do the work NOT your back
- Prepare for the next growing season, landscape design, research, etc…
- Tree/shrub pruning, but remember that if the tree/shrub flowers in the spring/summer. Do not prune until after the plant is done flowering in the spring/summer
The Grounds Department focuses on sustainability, community, and teamwork to provide a safe and beautiful environment for all to enjoy.
Grounds Crew is Honored with Prestigious PGMS Accreditation
The College of Wooster has received a Landscape Management and Operations Accreditation as awarded by the Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS), it was announced by Walt Bonvell, a Certified Grounds Manager (CGM), past president of PGMS and senior grounds lead of Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio. Read more (.pdf).