To Do List: March - April
- Landscape Spring Clean-Up – Rake and remove leaves, twigs and other debris
- Edge landscape beds
- Mulch landscape beds – No thicker than 3”
- Seed bare spots in turf
- Aerate turfgrass areas
- Fertilize turf…Always Read the Label
- Fertilize plant material…Always Read the Label
- Apply pre-emergent weed controls to turf and landscape beds…Always Read the Label
- Mower maintenance – change oil, sharpen blades, and make repairs as needed…Remember Safety First.
- Plan for your upcoming landscape projects.
- Don’t prune spring flower plants. Wait until the plant is finished blooming
The Grounds Department focuses on sustainability, community, and teamwork to provide a safe and beautiful environment for all to enjoy.
Grounds Crew is Honored with Prestigious PGMS Accreditation
The College of Wooster has received a Landscape Management and Operations Accreditation as awarded by the Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS), it was announced by Walt Bonvell, a Certified Grounds Manager (CGM), past president of PGMS and senior grounds lead of Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio. Read more (.pdf).