Learner Experience Librarian - Tenure Track
The College of Wooster Libraries seeks an innovative and team-oriented Learner Experience Librarian to develop and lead an agile and comprehensive library instruction program that supports the mission of the Libraries and the curricular goals of the college. The mission statement: The College of Wooster Libraries cultivates an environment where students, faculty, and staff, as a diverse community of learners, discover, create, communicate, and preserve knowledge and insight.
Reporting to the Librarian of the College, the Learner Experience Librarian provides leadership in the development of a dynamic information literacy curriculum, incorporating teaching and learning theory in support of our diverse community of learners. The Learner Experience Librarian designs and integrates accessible virtual and physical learning materials and tools to support the information literacy curriculum and performs regular assessment to ensure that the library instruction program supports student success. The Learner Experience Librarian collaborates with the librarians on new developments in instructional design and actively contributes to the Libraries’ instruction, research, and outreach programs.
- Applies Learning Experience Design principles to support the development of a dynamic and comprehensive information literacy program
- Researches, implements, and engages with instructional technologies supporting library programs
- Teaches in the Libraries’ instruction programs and provides in-depth reference assistance for our diverse community of learners
- Participates in the Libraries’ liaison program, partnering with assigned departments to provide instruction, research support, and collection development
- Designs and implements library instructional assessments
- Communicates new developments and best practices in library instructional design, technologies, and assessment within the Libraries
- Actively builds partnerships across campus to enhance the Libraries’ instruction program and increase student engagement
- Guides the Libraries’ instructional outreach program and participates in the Libraries’ broader outreach programs
- Other duties as assigned
- MLS degree from an ALA accredited program or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Learning Experience Design principles either through applied practice, internship, or course work.
- Ability and knowledge to create virtual and physical learning materials and tools
- Experience with diverse, inclusive, and/or international student populations
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Experience delivering instruction (any learning setting: camps, schools, higher education, non-profit or corporate training, etc.)
- Experience creating learning materials and tools
- Experience (employment and/or internship) or coursework specific to working in an academic library
The College of Wooster enrolls a diverse student body (20% domestic students of color and 11% international students); applicants should have experience with diverse student populations.
Applicants should submit the following through Interfolio: cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of unofficial graduate transcripts, a teaching statement that includes an articulation of learning experience design principles as applied in academic libraries and a research statement and/or statement of professional development focus. A diversity, inclusion, and equity statement, and three reference letters should also be submitted. The diversity, inclusion, and equity statement should detail how the applicant has engaged and/or expects to engage with issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the library and library instruction, as well as on campus and in the broader community. Interfolio accounts are free to applicants – simply press “apply.” Review of applications will begin December 15, 2017, and continue until the position is filled.
Apply at: https://apply.interfolio.com/47006
Posted November 13, 2017
Drug Free Workplace