1189 Beall Ave., C-3176
Wooster, OH 44691
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
New Selection Process for Campus Houses
The Office of Residence Life is working with the Director of Experiential Learning and Civic Engagement to work towards the following goals when it comes to the campus house experience: ensure that those that are living in the houses are having an engaging educational experience that is incorporating best practices, and that those living there are committed to the house for the right reasons; the community partners feel like they are being honored and respected and that we don’t leave them hanging at the end of the year if a house “disappears”; and anyone who wants this type of experience has the opportunity to apply and there are equitable opportunities for all students. With those goals in mind, here are the changes to the process for the 2020-2021 academic year:
- No new community partners or campus programs for 2020-2021.
- The Experiential Learning and Civic Engagement office will reach out to existing partners to see if they want/are able to continue and find out what their ideal number of participants is.
- To ensure equitable access to these houses, individuals will no longer apply as a group, but will apply as an individual or with a roommate.
- Those applying as an individual could be placed with a roommate. There are no guaranteed singles.
- Those applying with a roommate would not be accepted without their roommate also being accepted (package deal)
- Once you are in a house, you can stay for as many years as you like without interviewing again, as long as the community partner continues in the program, you have met the service hour requirements, and you pass the yearly judicial/background check.
WVN Program House Applications can be found on the Housing Self-Service portal. Campus Program House Applications will be sent to the leadership for approved Campus Program Houses.