1189 Beall Ave., C-3176
Wooster, OH 44691
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Welcome to The College of Wooster!
First-year move in will be Sunday, August 18th, 2019 from 1:00 pm- 4:00 pm.
Upperclass student move in will be Tuesday, August 20th, 2019 at 10:00 am.
Residence Life is excited to welcome our new Scot's, their friends and families to our campus, and want to ensure that move in runs as smoothly as possilble. We have volunteers ready to help move you in!
Move In Instructions
- First-year students can begin moving in at 1 p.m. on Sunday, August 18th. You will not be permitted to enter the residence halls before this time.
- Beall and Wayne Avenues will be closed to local traffic at 12 p.m.
- Vehicles must enter campus heading north on Beall Ave. Cross streets between Bloomington and Pine Street will be closed. All traffic will flow north on Beall Ave. to the appropriate residence hall (please refer to the map) and will be directed by volunteers and security officers. Please plan your route ahead of time so that you enter campus heading north on Beall.
- Additional vehicle tags will be able to be picked up as you drive down the welcome line on Beall Avenue.
- Once you arrive at your residence hall, volunteers will help you unload your car and carry your belongings to your room. First-year students should proceed to the residence hall for check in while the car is unloaded. Students will receive their ID and other information at check in.
- Please have a photo ID ready at check-in.
- The vehicle driver should remain in the car throughout the process—NO PARKING is allowed in the unloading zones. Once unloaded, drive to the designated parking locations and a shuttle will return the driver to the residence hall. You will not be able to park near the first year residence halls.
- Clearly label all boxes, bags, and belongings with your name, your building, and room number before arriving on campus.
- If you would like to mail items to campus ahead of time, please use the following address: Student Name, 1189 Beall Ave, Wooster, OH 44691. Large package delivery is from the Service Center for students on August 18th.
- If you know now that you will want to bunk or loft your bed, please let our office know by email before August 2nd.
- Resident Assistants (RA) and other Residence Life staff will be available help loft beds or address any concerns as well as Service Center staff.
How to loft your bed
Please follow these instructions provided by our manufacturer (.pdf) on how to appropriately loft your bed.
We strongly encourage all students living with someone new to complete a Roommate Agreement First-Years will be required to work through this form with their new roommates to help establish boundaries and healthy relationships to last through the academic year. Upperclass students are offered the opportunity to complete the agreement if they wish to do so. Your Resident Assistant (RA) has forms available, there are several copies in the campus life office, or you are welcome to print off the agreement from the link above.