How to Update Identity Documents
Sexuality and Gender Inclusion
1315 Beall Ave.
Wooster, OH 44691
Gender, Pronouns, and Chosen Name
To have a chosen first name instead of a legal first name reflected within specific college records, or add your pronoun or gender identity into the system.
Process to Change Gender Identity, Pronouns, and Chosen Name
To request to have a chosen first name instead of a legal first name reflected within specific college records, or add your pronoun or gender identity into the system, the process for students, faculty, and staff is detailed below.
- Step 1: Log in to Scotweb: Log in to Scotweb using your Wooster username and password.
- Step 2: Open Self-Service: Find and click on the Self-Service link on Scotweb, located in the upper left corner under “Colleague Self-Service.”
- Step 3: Open User Options: In the left-hand menu of the Self-Service page, click on the user icon to drop down the option of updating your user profile.
- Step 4: Open User Profile: Under Use Options, click on “User Profile.”
- Step 5: Edit Personal Identity: Under the About You in your User Profile, click the link to Edit Personal Identity
- Step 6: Add Identity Details: Edit or Add any relevant personal identity details, including chosen name, pronoun, or gender identity. The Chosen Name field is open-ended, while the Pronoun and Gender Identity fields must be selected from a drop-down menu (see below). Be sure to click save. Your information will be updated within 24 hours. If your chosen first name begins with a different letter than your existing username, someone from IT will contact you to ask whether or not you would like to change your username and will assist you with that process.
Changing your “chosen” first name for certain records does not change your legal first name at The College of Wooster. For more information on where this information will be shared, check out our FAQ's on identity document changes.