Safe Zone Training
Sexuality and Gender Inclusion
1315 Beall Ave.
Wooster, OH 44691
Safe Zone is a campus-wide program to provide a welcoming environment for all gender identities, gender expressions, and sexual orientations. Safe Zone establishes an identifiable network of individuals who agree to challenge oppression, promote an atmosphere of respect, and serve as a safe space in our community. This 2-hour training is for faculty, staff, and students.
By agreeing to become a participant in the Safe Zone Training Program, you agree to undergo training, educate yourself, promote anatmosphere of respect and civility, be a resource as best you can, listen, and provide support.
Student Intro Trainings:
- Monday, Sept. 28, 7:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 10, 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 17, 3:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Faculty and Staff Intro Trainings:
- Friday, Sept. 25, 9:00 a.m.–11:00 a.m.
- Monday, Oct. 5, 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m. AND Mon. Oct. 12, 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m.
Safe Zone 200 Training
The 200 level Safe Zone training explores more deeply or the intersections of specific topics with gender and sexuality better than can be covered in our introductory training. Training lasts one hour and will be interactive. Participants receive a small sticker that reflects each 200-level training they attend to place on their Safe Zone sign. Feel free to bring a bagged lunch when you join us.
Fall 2020 200 Level dates include:
200 Level: Creating an Antiracist LGBTQIA+ Community
- Wednesday, Sept. 30, 7:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 20, 6:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
200 Level: Queering Religion & Spirituality
- Monday, Sept. 28, 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 28, 7:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
200 Level: Trans & Nonbinary Identities
- Friday, Oct. 9, 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 26, 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m.
For more information, contact SafeZone.
Safe Zone Facilitation
Safe Zone is facilitated by the staff in the Center for Diversity & Inclusion, Sexuality & Gender Inclusion and students in the Safe Zone Practicum and Facilitator Program. If you are interested in assisting with Safe Zone trainings, please email SafeZone.