The following services are for full time students.
Hours: M-F mornings. By appointment only. Call 330-263-2319 to schedule an appointment
- STD Testing
- Mole Assessments
- ADD follow up
- Emotional Concerns
Registered Nurses are available 24/7 on a walk in basis.
- Registered Nurses can perform a multitude of tests/procedures including, but not limited to, strep tests, urine tests, pregnancy tests, TB tests, flu tests, and blood draws.
- They can also assess your condition and help you determine your course of action.
- Registered nurses cannot prescribe antibiotics, however, they can assist in determining over the counter medication.
- If necessary, registered nurses may also contact physicians on call at Cleveland Clinic, Wooster for consultation and telephone orders.
- Ear Irrigation
- Allergy Injections
Confidential HIV Testing
- Results the same day
- Where: Longbrake Student Wellness Center
- When: Walk-in Wednesday from 1:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m
Nutritionist - Barbara Lorson
Barbara Lorson is a registered dietitian, currently offering services to students and faculty/staff at The College of Wooster. She graduated from The Ohio State University with a B.S. in Medical Dietetics and a M.S. in Human Nutrition. Barbara previously worked with Ohio State's Varsity Athletics as their sports nutritionist and holds a specialty certification from the Commission of Dietetic Registration in sports nutrition.
Barbara has a passion for helping others improve their health through nutrition and physical activity. As a YMCA group fitness instructor and avid runner, she brings her expertise in nutrition and exercise to the The College of Wooster.
Appointments are available at the Longbrake Student Wellness Center on Monday and Wednesday evening from 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. The initial cost is $65 for a 1 hour appointment, $35 for 30 minute follow up, and $20 for 15 minute follow up. Barbara can answer individual nutrition questions regarding diet and sport performance, weight management, gaining lean body mass, and iron/nutrient deficiency, hydration, supplements, disordered eating/eating disorders, and any other nutrition related questions. Call 330-263-2319 to schedule an appointment.
- At Longbrake Student Wellness Center
- Cost $25 for 1/2 hour and $50 for one hour payable by cash or check only
- Gift certificates available for purchase
- Available to students, faculty, staff, family members, and retirees
- Call 330-263-2319 to schedule your massage!
Gynecological services are available by appointment on Tuesday and Friday afternoons.
There is a charge for immunizations. See "Fees for Service" heading below for pricing.
- Adacel (Td/Dipth/Petussis)
- Bexsero (Meningitis B)
- Flu Vaccines
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- PPD (TB Test)
Truemenba (Meningitis B)
- Typhim VI
IPV and Japanese Encephalitis vaccines may be ordered and given here.
We do NOT give yellow fever vaccine.
- Must have a doctor's order
- Monday-Friday between 8:30am - 3:30pm
- Processing fee will be billed by Cleveland Clinic Lab.
Students who are currently being treated with allergy injections may continue injections during physician hours. Mail or bring your serum to Longbrake Student Wellness Center. First injection needs a doctor appointment. Your insurance will be billed for allergy injections.
Cold Care Center
Open 24 hours for self evaluation and treatment. The following over the counter medications and products are available. Monetary donations are accepted but not required.
- Antihistamine (Chlorpheniramine)
- Decongestant (Phenylephrine)
- Cough Syrup
- Pain/Fever (Ibuprofen)
- Throat Lozenges
- Salt for Gargle
First Aid Station
Open 24 hours for self evaluation and treatment. The following supplies are available. Monetary donations are accepted but not required.
- Antibiotic Ointment
- Hydrocortisone Cream
Fees for Service
There is no charge to see a nurse. Doctor visits are billed to insurance. The items below are available and can be paid using cash, check, credit card, COW card, or billed to the home account.
- Adacel (Td/Dipth/Petussis) $35
- Flu Vaccine $20
- Hepatitis A $65
- Hepatitis B $63
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) $72
- Menactra $114
- Bexsero (Meningitis B) $215
- Truemenba (Meningitis B) $172
- Typhim VI $105
- ECP (emergency contraceptive pill) $35
- Oral Contraceptives $15
- Prescription Medications $10
- Air Cast $35
- Cane $10
- Cervical Collar $10
- Crutches $25
- Hot Water Bottles $10
- Immobilizer (knee) $35
- Post-OP Boot $10
- Slings (arm) $10
- Wrist Splint $15
- Hot/Cold Packs $5
- Digital Thermometer $5
If additional or specialized medical care is needed, especially after regular physician hours, students will be referred to Cleveland Clinic, Wooster branch. All such medical care received outside the Longbrake Student Wellness Center is the financial responsibility of the student.
In an emergency, the student will be referred to Wooster Community Hospital Emergency Department. This will be the student's financial responsibility.
Student Medical Records
Individual Health Records are maintained for all students. Student records are kept for seven years after the student leaves The College of Wooster, and then are destroyed.
All medical records are kept strictly confidential, and are not released to anyone without the student's permission. Requesting a copy of any part of your medical records requires written permission and a processing fee.
The Wellness Center staff does not write medical excuse notes to professors. With the student's permission, however, we will confirm an illness to a professor.
The Longbrake Student Wellness Center maintains strict confidentiality, in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio.
Students may grant permission for their illness/injury to be discussed with parents, professors, etc., on an illness by illness basis. However, students who are below the age of 18 do not need to grant permission to allow parents to speak with the staff.
The Longbrake Student Wellness Center does not routinely notify parents or professors of illness. This is the student's responsibility.
If a professor requires verification of illness/injury, they may call 330-263-2319 and information will be shared with the student's permission. The Wellness Center does not issue written excuses.
When students are hospitalized with serious conditions, parents/guardians will be notified by the admitting physician. Dean's staff will also be notified and professors will be made aware of the hospitalization.